Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Keyboard Options?

I am using an Adesso mini keyboard right now.

It is about the size of the Macbook Air keyboards.

It is designed for Windows, so it has some different keys, and some of the same keys in different places, and I sometime hit the wrong keys. Windows when I want Option, Alt when I want Command, Home when I want Delete, etc.

I have rsi and coordination/proprioception problems, so can only type with one hand, and usually while looking at that hand. I find it helps to have a small keyboard, and to prop up the left side, so I don't have to twist my right arm as much.

I am wondering if there is either a good way to reduce spurious key signals with non-Mac keyboards, or a better cheap mac-compatible mini usb keyboard?

Admittedly Page Up and Page Down are useful keys. My rsi means I can't use scrollwheels or trackballs. My coordination problems make it hard to use the narrow Apple scrollbars, and mean I have to disable most taps/gestures to avoid accidental ones.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

External Keyboard Options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.