Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows startup issues when USB keyboard is attached

I just purchased a new 13" macbook pro (actually the non-retina model listed in "about this mac" as "mid-2012"). I created a bootcamp partition and installed Windows 7 Pro. I also bought a new daskeyboard Model S professional for mac. I like the keyboard and it basically works well except if I have it connected when I try to boot from my bootcamp partition the computer freezes on a white screen before Windows starts. If I disconnect the keyboard first it boots fine. After windows starts I can reconnect the daskeyboard and it works fine. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening and what I can do to allow me to leave the keyboard plugged in when I boot into windows?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:31 PM

6 replies

Nov 29, 2015 5:43 PM in response to Loner T

I have the daskeyboard model s professional for mac. Your question prompted me to look at how the keyboard is plugged in. I tried various configurations and discovered that the actual conflict appears to be with the USB hub that is integral to the keyboard (it has two usb 2.0 ports). Fortunately they have a dual usb plug for the keyboard. One is for the keyboard itself and the other is for the usb hub. If I just plug in the keyboard side of the dual plug and not the usb hub side it works fine and boots great. As soon as I plug in the hub side it freezes on boot.

Nov 29, 2015 8:28 PM in response to Loner T

Daskeyboard does not seem to have any drivers available other than those that come with windows pnp. Looked at the device manager and event viewer logs and found nothing conclusive. All devices are reported as functioning normally and only information entries in the EM logs. When I plug in the usb plug after startup all seems to work normally. USB drives plugged into the keyboard usb ports mount and read normally. When I first plugged the keyboard in after starting in windows the pnp popup showed up and reported that all drivers loaded and new devices were ready for use. So, perhaps the driver is inhibiting startup but it must be using some sort of driver present as a part of windows or installed via windows update. Does seem to load a driver signed as daskeyboard and another for the usb hub functions.

Windows startup issues when USB keyboard is attached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.