Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop zoom. Please help.

I plugged my laptop into my television via an HDMI cord earlier today. When I did both screens froze. I unplugged the cord from my laptop but the laptop screen was still frozen. I tried closing it to see if that would help but it stayed on when I did. I saw no other option than to force a shut off. When I turned back on everything was zoomed in. I've put my laptop into the television numerous times using the same cord and I've never had this issue before. I've looked online with people saying to do things such as hold control+8 or command+option+- or hold control and swipe on the trackpad but none of these solutions have worked for me. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:10 PM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2015 12:31 PM in response to YetAnotherGuy

Dunno why you had that problem, but here's what you can try: go to system preferences and look for Accessibility (blue icon with the man in it), Screen Zoom should be there. If that doesn't work, try zapping the pram--something might be stuck, and this might help get it back to where it's supposed to be, hopefully. reboot computer, hold down apple, option, P and R keys, hold them down all together for 3 chimes then let go and let the computer finish starting up. Hopefully that's fixed the problem. Option+command and F5 gets you some zoom options if that helps you out any.

JB

Desktop zoom. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.