Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini (Late 2012) Dual Monitors

Hi,

I have a late 2012 Mac Mini with one Thunderbolt connector and one HDMI connector. I used to have 2 screens connected to it one with via vga using a vga-thunderbolt adaptor and one via the HDMI connector.

Recently i bought two new screens which both with only vga connectors, so i swapped over one and that was fine but for the other one i purchased a hdmi to vga adaptor.

However when i connect it my mac recognises the second screen, allow me to rearrange them, gather windows ect, but i don't get a picture on the screen itself, it just says no signal.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me, i know the screen and adaptor work as I've tried it with a laptop.

Thanks

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 12:35 PM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 1:23 PM in response to ukdude13

I have the same late 2012 Mini, running 2 monitors. I think your issue may be the 2 VGA monitors. Can you try the old HDMI connected monitor and a VGA monitor and see if both work? I recall hearing that you have to run 2 different connections, I am not 100% sure but trying a non-VGA connection would prove it, maybe.

Did it have something to do with the upgrade to El Capitan? Just a thought.

I am curious, what monitors are just VGA?

Best regasrds,

Mark

Mac Mini (Late 2012) Dual Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.