Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to the Switch Libraries Option?

I have photos on an external Hard drive as well as my iPhoto library on the mac itself. I just loaded El Capitan (yeah, kept putting it off after reading comments). I also loaded ALL my photos onto the cloud, just to be safe. The Switch Libraries feature is missing - is there an easy way to go back and forth from library to library like there was in the old iPhoto?? I have 'migrated' photos from one of the external libraries but not from the second.

THANKS!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 1:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 1:20 PM in response to Momomoesh

So you are now using Photos and no longer iPhoto? If you update to iPhoto 9.6.1 you could continue to use iPhoto if you prefer it to Photos.

• You can switch between libraries in Photos by holding down the options key while you are launching Photos.
  • Or drag the Photos library you want to open onto the Photos icon.
  • Or double click the Photos library you want to open.

If you want to migrate a second iPhoto Library to Photos drag that iPhoto LIbrary onto the Photos icon in the Dock.

What happened to the Switch Libraries Option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.