Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been having problems for a while with my AppleID situation

Help please I,have,been,having,problems,for,a,while,with,my,Apple,ID,situation,I,recently,h ave,had,a,stroke,so,my,memory,is,shot,and,my,computer,skills,are,screwed.,I,have ,been,able,to,reset,my,Apple,ID,for,my,phone,and,Mac,but,my,wife,iPhone,is,still ,connected,to,her,acct,which,had,my,e-mail,associated,with,it,,When,I,try,to,upd ate,all,her,Lapps,on,her,phone,it,is,associated,with,the,old,Emil,so,I,can't,cha nge,or,update,her,phone and tech support is useless as i can't get the problem across to them as you are probably reading. Can anyone who has some patient and a few minutes to spare help me.

<Re-Titled By Host>

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 2:25 PM

for reference > Apple ID - Apple Support

1. go here > https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage
  2. login to your wife's account with its current credentials
  3. change the Primary Email Address to one that she wishes
  4. [Save]

That should do the trick - let us know if this is not joyful

ÇÇÇ

7 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:41 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Hello ChiltlinsCC

I see that you sent a reply on my question.I also see that you are understanding to concert with memory problems.

I have had 2 strokes so my reply are very slow. I am in outside Toronto so time differences might be an issue. I used to know what I was doing on a computer

but my skills are not very good now.

If you can correspond by email it might be easier for me. I haven't had any experience with support helpers so I don't know how to do this.

I guess I will leave this apple site open all night before I head to bed and if you can reply please tell me what is the best way.

Doug

***** @gmail.com

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Nov 30, 2015 4:42 AM in response to Doogin100

I guess I have started something😕 not to mean to upset 😟 Obviously I am confused never used a forum before now don't know who to listen to😕 is there any way to talk/message someone privately I saw my email address is edited🙂 I tried to use the info from you ChiltinsCC and Balboa but they goes confuse me more I have to talk/message and it will have to contain info that I know I wouldn't expose😟 I know they are trying to help thank you

Nov 30, 2015 11:56 AM in response to Doogin100

Just to give you a iittle explanation on how these forums work: the forums are visited 24/7 by other users from all over the globe; there is no Apple tech support personnel here - we are all volunteers. So, you post a question and anyone who has an answer to your problem will post it. Someone else might chime in with a similar/different idea. You post back to either one to say, for instance, you tried this step, but it didn't work - or maybe it did and everything is fine. Basically, that is how it goes - there is no phone number or private messaging. If you would rather talk to someone on the phone, you can call Apple tech support; if your machine is out of warranty, there is a charge. Or, as a free alternative, Apple has Genius Bars in their Apple stores - you can make an appointment online and you will be able to talk person to person when you get there. That service for troubleshooting/diagnostics is free; you do need to bring your Mac or iDevice with you.

So, back to this situation: I asked the hosts to remove your email address because it is not safe to publish it here (and that is the reason it is not allowed per the ToU). You can, if you want, put it in your profile page and then direct people to it if you want. However, 99% of the volunteers here simply answer questions here and are not available for private tech support because we spend/volunteer what little extra time we have here. Why is it a bad idea to publish it online? Because there are bots and web crawlers (software) which are all over the internet trying to steal private information - if you have it somewhere, they will find it. I decided it would be kinder to let you know why your email address was being removed, rather than having you wonder what happened. That, apparently, did not please the other person (which is absolutely irrelevant); however, do not let that stop you from asking and getting the help you need. There are a lot of participants here with awesome levels of knowledge, so I'm sure someone will be able to help you as I will no longer be participating in this thread.

My recommendation would be that you restate exactly which steps or procedures you need help with after reading the links that have been provided. Good luck!

I have been having problems for a while with my AppleID situation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.