Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is icloud locked after restoring it and i didn't use icloud at all

Hello,

So i bought an new iphone 6s 64 gb a few weeks ago i used it for just 3 days then i put it back in the box because i wanted to give it as a gift and today i plugged it to iTunes i restored and update it to the new ios and after this i got the icloud lock screen with an yahoo email and i myself i had never even used yahoo i dont know from where this email even came from even though the iphone is new even i took the plastic off the box so i dont think that someone used it before me.

im freaking out i dont know what to do!!

* i used the app store -- and the icloud was clean there was nothing there

Please Help!!

thanks!!!!

<Email Edited By Host>

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 1:30 PM

10 replies

Nov 29, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Heroix

Regretfully, while you didn't use iCloud - your phone did. So unless you are the lucky guy who can skip the step, your phone is activation locked after three days use. And if it wasn't you who locked, it gets worse, cause then your chances to unlock it are even worse.

Fortunately if you did buy it few weeks ago - you still have original receipt and can call Apple to get help. Just have to be valid receipt from legit Apple reseller.

Nov 29, 2015 2:12 PM in response to Heroix

Someone set up the iCloud account on it before you bought it, so possibly the phone was in fact second-hand or a return, being sold as new - was this from Apple or an independent retailer? You should be able to take it back to the retailer and demand that they unlock it or replace it with a genuinely new phone. Otherwise, Apple can unlock it for you but you have to take it to an Apple Store - they can't do it remotely - and you need to take your purchase documents to prove you are the original owner.

Nov 29, 2015 4:03 PM in response to Heroix

I'm not saying this is necessarily this is what happened, but it would be a trivial matter to rebox and rewrap a phone someone had returned and then sell it as new. Take it back to the retailer and ask them either to unlock it or refund your money. Believe me, without the person who set the lock unlocking it, the phone is permanently useless. Tell them this and insist they sort it out.

Nov 30, 2015 3:36 PM in response to Heroix

Heroix wrote:

just one last question please i checked the phone imei it was written that the phone used in china

Last SIM Country:China Last SIM Carrier:China Unicom

is this normal? like do they check the phone in china before they sell it? or someone form china used my phone before me?

Really hard to tell what is suppose to be written on the new phone, unless you contact the place where it is/was written. May be they will also provide you with proof that you need, but to be honest, if the store does not admit, your last recourse to go to police and report them.

My iPhone is icloud locked after restoring it and i didn't use icloud at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.