Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The Java jar file could not be launched. Check the console for possible error messages.

I have a MacBook Air, and I'm having the same problem a few other people in this community are having. When I try to download a .jar file, it gives me this : User uploaded file

I've tried multiple files, and I get the same message every time. I've read other discussions about this, and none of them seem to arrive at a solution. I believe I have the latest version of java. Also, others that are struggling with this posted their question over a year ago. This isn't very helpful considering Java has changed since then. I don't usually post my own question, but, I haven't found an answer. And yes, I've checked the Console. I'm not very good at computers, so I wasn't able to make anything of it. If you need anymore info let me know.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 1:56 PM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2015 6:40 PM in response to AshleyBeth

Hello AshleyBeth,

Don't waste your time trying to download the Oracle JDK. Obviously that isn't going to help run Minecraft. This JAR file isn't meant to be executed. It is just a "mod" file. I don't know anything about Minecraft myself. What you need to do is find some instructions on how to install these mode files. Here are a couple of sites to help you get started:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/25/the-ultimate-mac-users-guide-to-minecraft-on- os-x-mods-skins/

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/174539/how-do-i-install-a-jar-minecraf t-mod-on-a-mac-with-osx-maverick

Nov 30, 2015 4:45 PM in response to AshleyBeth

Hello again AshleyBeth,

That is the nice thing about it all being in Java - it shouldn't matter if you have a Mac. Can you point me to the instructions you are following?

You shouldn't be double-clicking a JAR file at all in a situation like this. You just copy the file to a specific directory. Then when you re-launch the game, the features in the JAR file will be available.

"The Java jar file could not be launched. Check the console for possible error messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.