Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing ipod classic 6th gen playlists in "Album" view

When using my ipod 6th gen 160 gb, I am unable to view playlists in "Album" view. I can only view the playlists in "Song" view which makes them virtually unmanageable because of the number of songs. Is there something I am missing in "Settings" or somewhere that will allow me to view the playlist in "Album" view?

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 2:09 PM

4 replies

Dec 2, 2015 6:02 PM in response to turingtest2

tt2 -

Thanks for your prompt reply. In answer to your suggestion, I do manage my playlists in iTunes & I am able to view & select albums for play & some management. However, after syncing, I have only been able to view the playlists in "Song" view. As far as I know, it is not possible to create "sub-playlists", which could ameliorate the problem. There is Rockbox but they do not have the program needed for generation 6.

iGowanus68

Dec 3, 2015 11:16 AM in response to iGowanus68

You can do all of the organisation in your local library. You can make playlist folders, into which you can put playlists. Since all content is in your library there is no need to play from the device when it is connected. After you make changes to the playlists that sync to your device you connect and sync. There is no need to poke around inside the device and look at different views of the media on it from within iTunes.

tt2

Dec 3, 2015 11:17 AM in response to iGowanus68

iGowanus68 wrote:

As far as I know, it is not possible to create "sub-playlists",

Yes, it is.

Is this what you are trying to achieve?

User uploaded file

The three albums (Mungo Jerry, Parliament and Third World) are all the songs on those albums, but from other compilation albums. Admittedly, my selection will not pay correctly in Shuffle Albums mode (because the individual songs are on different albums), but if you drop original (complete) albums into a playlist and then put those into a Playlists Folder, you could play in Shuffle Albums mode. One complete album would play, followed at random by another from that Playlist Folder.

To get the Playlist Folder to work like that on an iPod Classic, you simply need to be in Shuffle Albums mode, navigate to (and highlight) the Playlist Folder and press Play (without going into the folder). The iPod Classic is good at this.

Viewing ipod classic 6th gen playlists in "Album" view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.