Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downlading an episode it is still not locally available

I have an episode of a podcast on my iPhone. It is marked with a cloud - so it is online. I choose "download" from the ". . ." munu. The round progress indicator starts to run, completes the leap and disappears. However, the cloud symbol remains and, without internet connection, this episode says "not available"

When internet connection is established, I can listen to the episode, so it is available online.

What am I doing wrong?

I've spend a ****** fortune on traffic costs till I have encountured the problem...

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 3:06 PM

Hi

I have the same problem.

Go to Settings / Cellular / Enable podcast app to use cellular connection. (do not worry, I have been told by apple that episodes will not download via cellular)

Make sure that Settings / Podcasts / Download only on Wifi is enabled. So you will only download via Wifi.

Cloud symbol remains but you can listen without wifi.

Before ios9.1, I did not have this issue.

I have iphone 4s and ios 9.1.

Hope this helps.

regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Don Alberto

Hi

I have the same problem.

Go to Settings / Cellular / Enable podcast app to use cellular connection. (do not worry, I have been told by apple that episodes will not download via cellular)

Make sure that Settings / Podcasts / Download only on Wifi is enabled. So you will only download via Wifi.

Cloud symbol remains but you can listen without wifi.

Before ios9.1, I did not have this issue.

I have iphone 4s and ios 9.1.

Hope this helps.

regards.

After downlading an episode it is still not locally available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.