Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps are not updating on my iPhone 5 with iOS 9.1 and 700 MB free. HELP!

I have three apps that are not updating. They are xfinity my account, star walk & MS OneNote. I've clicked on them and they start then stop right away. I've restarted my phone twice. Still no change. Do I need to reset it to factory and start over?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 8:35 PM

Your post's title says you have 700MB free on your iPhone. That is a tiny amount of free space! You need considerably more free space for your iPhone to function properly.

Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage and free up at least 1 additional gigabyte of storage (if not more).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 8:35 PM in response to Draco Sol

Your post's title says you have 700MB free on your iPhone. That is a tiny amount of free space! You need considerably more free space for your iPhone to function properly.

Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage and free up at least 1 additional gigabyte of storage (if not more).

Nov 29, 2015 8:39 PM in response to Draco Sol

Draco Sol wrote:

So in other words, I need to buy more storage for my phone.

No!!

I am not saying that. In fact, you could not buy more storage for your iPhone even if you wanted to do that!

I am saying you have to free up some storage by deleting some of the information you currently have on your iPhone. Delete things!

Apps are not updating on my iPhone 5 with iOS 9.1 and 700 MB free. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.