Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greeting msg on iPhone 'voicemail' cannot be accessed!!

I have an iPhone 6plus and cannot access the greeting msg for voicemail. Any ideas of what's happening here and how to rectify it?

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:45 PM

9 replies

Nov 29, 2015 4:23 PM in response to sberman

Yes, I see that. I click on it and another screen appears. It is on THIS screen that nothing works EXCEPT "Cancel." I can touch 'play' or 'record' or try to switch between "default" and "custom" and nothing. Then after a bit an error msg appears on screen:

=======================

Greeting fetch failed

Failed to fetch your voicemail greeting from the server

OK

========================

Nov 30, 2015 9:54 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I believe you when you say what you have. On the other hand, he didn't say that "all iPhone" Verizon users were experiencing this issue, merely that they were having a goodly number. Let me ask you a question. I have turned my iPhone off by holding down the button on the right side until I get that slide-switch and then re-booting...if that is what is happening here. I have been told that there is another way of turning off the iPhone. One would hold down that right hand side button PLUS holding down the button on the bottom of the phone. What would happen if I did that? Do I even want to do that? Comments?

Greeting msg on iPhone 'voicemail' cannot be accessed!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.