Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card to change country?

I made the account back in the Philippines. We recently moved in Japan. I attempted to change the country of my ID. Unfortunately a credit/debit card is require for the said action. Then I saw that I can enter gift card codes. So..

Can I use a gift card (from Japan) instead of credit cards (since I still don't have one) to change country? Thanks in advance 🙂

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 4:00 PM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 12:50 AM in response to Aki.Ota

When you change country you will be asked for a card, gift cards are unlikely to be accepted : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

You could try contacting Japan iTunes Support and see if they can remove the card requirement : http://www.apple.com/jp/support/itunes/contact/

Gift card to change country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.