Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shot Logicboard - Apple MacBook Air 13.3 (2014)

Hi there, my MacBook Air 13.3 (2014) just gave up on me. The problem started with it suddenly crashing whilst I was working on a presentation. Took it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider and they ran a diagnostic. It was fine after that. Several days ago, it happened again. Took it in and this time they said the logicboard needs replacement. Cost is MYR1500 (around USD350) and has just 90 days warranty on it. My Apple care expired a few weeks earlier. I did some search within our Apple community and it seems MacBook Airs in that year has this problem (about 5 pages worth of community comments). Is Apple planning to do anything about this? A recall is in order. No?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 9:23 PM

You need to ask Apple. This is primarily a user-to-user support site in which Apple's participation is very limited.

2 replies

Shot Logicboard - Apple MacBook Air 13.3 (2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.