Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing documents and data

Hi all,

I am still having issues managing the storage on my phone, could I have some help here? I'm seeing the following numbers:

Audio 7.05 gb which I assume is including voice memos and podcasts.

Photos 9.2 mb.

Apps 1.59 gb.

Documents and Data 2.24 gb.

Other 806.9 mb.

How do I manage the last two? What could possibly be taking up 2.24 gb on my phone that I can't get to?

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:32 PM

Documents and data includes the content of apps. On the phone go to Settings/General/Storage & iCloud Usage and tap on Manage Storage under the Storage heading. This will list the data used by each app on the phone.

6 replies

Nov 29, 2015 6:34 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok, so I just synced my phone with my computer and the phone remained saying 492 mb was free, while the computer actually increased the amount of space it said was free from 974.43 mb to 1.13 gb. I opened podcasts to see if that would make a difference as I have at least one podcast that has been played and is about to be deleted. That actually decreased the amount of space available by 1 mb, even though podcasts was closed before settings was reopened.

accessing documents and data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.