Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery percentage jumps to 100 percent while charging and drops to "real" percentage when unplugged

Hello,

i was charging my new iphone 6s and i noticed that evertime i plugged my iphone into my macbook pro, the battery percentage jumps to 100 percent. Then, when i unplug it, it jumps back down to the "real" percentage. im currently draining the battery to do a recalibration to see if it fixes the problem. Any ideas on why this could be happening would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, great phone

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 4:49 PM

Draining the battery could do more harm to the battery. Did you already try to force restart the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose data by doing that, but it can cure some glitches.

Setting it up as new device would be the next step after that, in case the force restart does not work.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If still no luck, get it checked by visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place. Or contact Apple Support to get it serviced.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 4:49 PM in response to handy_helper_homes

Draining the battery could do more harm to the battery. Did you already try to force restart the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again? You will not lose data by doing that, but it can cure some glitches.

Setting it up as new device would be the next step after that, in case the force restart does not work.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If still no luck, get it checked by visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Store next to your place. Or contact Apple Support to get it serviced.

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

battery percentage jumps to 100 percent while charging and drops to "real" percentage when unplugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.