Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions Passcode

Ok, so this problem actually spurred from another. The original problem: My phone can't connect to WiFi. What I mean by that is that under the "Wi-Fi" tab in settings, the only option, appropriately named the title of the tab, is grayed out and I can't tap anything. So, having the resource of the internet on my computer, I did a quick Google search to see how to fix it. One place said to reset settings. And so I did, or at least tried to, which goes into the actual question: Resetting an iPhone requires a "Restrictions Passcode," but I hadn't ever set a Restrictions Passcode. What do I do?

I apologize if I was a little wordy, but I wanted to get out my whole story/problem.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1, iPhone previously owned by father

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:18 PM

Also, I accidentally posted this to the wrong community, but I for some reason aren't allowed to change the community it's posted under.

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 5:21 PM in response to The Buggy iPhone

It's more likely that the WiFi radio in the phone has failed. Do you have restrictions set up? Settings>General>Restrictions.

Restrictions can not turn themselves on. It requires human intervention to do so. If restrictions are on and you don't know the restriction passcode, the only option is to put the phone into recovery mode and restore it as a new device. Do NOT restore your backup. The restriction settings are contained in the backup.

Restrictions Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.