Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How many documents can 50GB of iCloud storage hold?

I am thinking about upgrading my iCloud storage to the $.99 50GB plan and was wondering how many documents (Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Word, Exel, Powerpoint) that will hold. I have tried Bing and Google to get the answer but so far they have been no help. I would just like a strait forward answer to my question. If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.🙂

iPhone 6s Plus, Other OS

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:15 PM

Unfortunately its not something that can be easily or very accurately answered, as the number of documents you can place in 50GB would be directly related to the documents combined file size. Its like asking how many books you can put in a box of certain dimensions? Well its going to depend on the size of the books.

If you have documents which file size is about 5MB (megabytes) you could probably get around 10,000 such documents in 50GB. But if you have 10MB files (presentations, large spreadsheets etc..) Then you would be able to fit 5,000 files instead.

Keynote and Power point presentations are usually larger than text documents.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 6:15 PM in response to egyptian37

Unfortunately its not something that can be easily or very accurately answered, as the number of documents you can place in 50GB would be directly related to the documents combined file size. Its like asking how many books you can put in a box of certain dimensions? Well its going to depend on the size of the books.

If you have documents which file size is about 5MB (megabytes) you could probably get around 10,000 such documents in 50GB. But if you have 10MB files (presentations, large spreadsheets etc..) Then you would be able to fit 5,000 files instead.

Keynote and Power point presentations are usually larger than text documents.

How many documents can 50GB of iCloud storage hold?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.