Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV issues

Just got my new Apple TV 4 on Thanksgiving & already have a few issues. First off, there is no Podcast support. Not even an app like the one on the previous generation. Second, I thought Siri was able to do a universal search on all streaming movie apps, not just Apple's. Third, I thought there was a TNT app. An Apple employee even mentioned it. No such luck. Thirdly, Apple's Remote app is not compatible with Apple TV 4 & there's no third party app that works either. Any ideas or recommendations for these issues? Thank you.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:56 PM

2 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:05 PM in response to Michel Willard1

Well your right on all those points...

No podcast app is available. Honestly, I have never used music on any of my ATVs. I AirPlay from my phone which still has its podcast app...

siri search is limited - About Search on your Apple TV (4th generation) - Apple Support

You'd need to contact TNT about an app for the ATV. Each developer chooses when and what platform to spend their development dollars on.

The remote app has not been updated for the ATV4. We can only hope/assume that functionality will be added in the future along with support for bluetooth keyboards but no confirmation either way from Apple...

Apple TV issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.