Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use hotspot mobile or get a pre-paid data sim for iPad

I have an iPhone 6 plus and have just paid for a iPad pro and this is my first iPad. I am not sure if I can use hotspot on my mobile to surf the net on my iPad or to get a pre-paid data sim??? Thanks 🙂

iPad

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:34 PM

First off, you would be able to create a hotspot from the phone if that is supported by your carrier. If it is supported, then you would be able to configure it to connect your iPad to. As far as using a pre-paid data SIM for the iPad, that could only be done if the iPad is a Wi-Fi and cellular device. Many are Wi-Fi only devices, and do not support cellular. You need to know what type of device you purchased.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 7:34 PM in response to AVM83

First off, you would be able to create a hotspot from the phone if that is supported by your carrier. If it is supported, then you would be able to configure it to connect your iPad to. As far as using a pre-paid data SIM for the iPad, that could only be done if the iPad is a Wi-Fi and cellular device. Many are Wi-Fi only devices, and do not support cellular. You need to know what type of device you purchased.

Nov 29, 2015 7:35 PM in response to AVM83

Okay. Mine is both as well, and since I already have a family plan for my data, which sounds like what Ralph9430 has, then I just got a SIM from my carrier and share my data. If you do not have a plan, you can use a pre-paid SIM, if a carrier provides it. But accessing data on the iPad via cellular is much easier when you do it directly from the iPad as Ralph9430 described, rather than using the iPhone's hotspot. Up to you how you do it.

use hotspot mobile or get a pre-paid data sim for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.