Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open OpenOffice.org I get a message saying that it cannot be opened because problems the last time I opened it. The pop-up offers me the choice of not opening OpenOffice.org or trying again. Neither helps and/or removes the message.

I have tried to present the issue in the box above. Am not sure what I should enter in this space.

MacBook Air, cannot locate on system information

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 6:57 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:50 PM in response to easyport

I suggest you download and install a new copy of Open Office. Its website is here: http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html. Don't obtain it from anywhere else.

Replacing your existing copy of OpenOffice will not affect the documents you created with it. Back up your system first, as a precaution agains the unexpected.

The reason it became corrupted in the first place would still need to be addressed. That will not happen on a Mac that is otherwise working properly and has not been altered any number of popular "cleaning" utilities. Such things are very popular, and they are all scams.

When I open OpenOffice.org I get a message saying that it cannot be opened because problems the last time I opened it. The pop-up offers me the choice of not opening OpenOffice.org or trying again. Neither helps and/or removes the message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.