Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to USB storage

I am trying to find out if I can attach any storage (SD or thumb drive) to the lightning connector. I could get a lightning to USB female connector and connect any USB storage device such as thumb drive, or SD card through SD card reader.

Would this work? Don't I need some app to read the storage device? If I do, what app do I need.

I know I can get lightning to SD card reader. But that will take me only to SD card reader. I know there are WiFi options where I can connect SD card or thumb drive, but those WiFi options are slow, hence I am looking for direct connection.

Thanks for any advice on this.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:09 PM

1 reply

Dec 2, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Mettur Man

Mettur Man wrote:

I am trying to find out if I can attach any storage (SD or thumb drive) to the lightning connector. I could get a lightning to USB female connector and connect any USB storage device such as thumb drive, or SD card through SD card reader.

Would this work?

No. However, there are WiFi enabled drives that you can use with iOS devices. They do require an app provided by the manufacturer. I have one by Kingston and one by Sandisk.

Lightning to USB storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.