Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9, Push notifications reported in-app as disabled

I've run into a bit of an issue with my iPad saying in-app that Push Notifications are disabled even though, in practice, some apps keep working like they did. For example: the ForeFlight and Mail apps aren't bothered and work just fine, but the Sol and Storm apps both keep saying "Notifications are not enabled." In Settings, Notifications, then Sol and Storm apps, both have ALL 5 options on and the Style as Banners. Both use and have location services and cellular data on and in Settings, Storm, the Background refresh is on.

On an iPad Air 64GB with Cellular

Currently on iOS 9.1 (13B143).

All apps are updated.

If I'm missing any potential settings, I'll be sure to check them, but it looks like a bug introduced in iOS 9. This issue appeared since the update.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:26 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2016 12:19 PM in response to JetStream90

Similar experience reinstalling an app on iPhone. First time opening the 3rd party app I'm asked to enable/receive notifications, I say yes. Then iOS says "notifications are disabled". Tap OK since it's the only option. Then I check all my settings and they are all set to receive notifications. Notifications seem to work. Not sure why, with iOS9, I'm told notifications are disabled. I've installed this app (same version) on previous iOS versions and didn't get this. So I asked other people on different iOS versions try to install same app and they don't receive this notification. Seems a bug in iOS9.

iOS 9, Push notifications reported in-app as disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.