Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Windows 10 with Bootcamp Assistant on El Capitan?

I've just finished updating my Mac Mini (lat 2014 model) to El Capitan in order to install Windows 10 with Bootcamp.

I have Bootcamp 6.0 installed and there are NO updates available in the App Store.

I've read around online that Bootcamp Assistant 6.0 is supposed to support Windows 10 on my model Mac Mini....

User uploaded file

My Bootcamp Assistant very clearly has not updated anything about itself. It refuses to recognize my Windows 10 ISO.

Why do other other people's Bootcamp Assistants at least acknowledge that that a newer Windows even exists in the world:

(this person's assistant asks for Windows 8 or later)

http://osxdaily.com/2015/06/22/make-windows-10-install-usb-drive-from-mac-os-x/

User uploaded file

Yet my brand new, allegedly 100% updated Bootcamp Assistant is somehow still stuck in 2009:

(Still looking for Windows 7 or later...Clearly doesn't know Windows 10 exists either)

User uploaded file

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:34 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 8:07 PM in response to michaellowe33

1. Verify that your W10 ISO has not been corrupted during download. You can verify the MD5sum in an OSX Terminal Window.

openssl md5 Win10_English_x64.iso

MD5(Win10_English_x64.iso)= 23e397a21a9e01f141c64b7e1260314a

2. Run the following two procedures and try the BC Assistant, if the MD5 is valid.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

3. Use a Wired Internet connection, if you are downloading BC Windows Support Software.

4. Do not use a generic USB to create the USB Installer.

5. Disconnect all external storage except the USB used for USB Installer for BCA.

Install Windows 10 with Bootcamp Assistant on El Capitan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.