Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari history dates wrong & not removable

More frequently than not, I find an entry in the Safari history that is dated 1/1/2000. Considering this is OS X 10.11.1 and the CPU wasn't made until 2012 and the system clock is correct, obviously the history is incorrect. Typically, the entries in under this date are from sites that have some sort of log-on or form entry. Unlike most "real" histories, they don't "delete" when the entry is selected and the "delete" key is pressed. They can be removed by right-click & remove.

This is a persistent problem, once removed this "random" history will return. The issue started only after updating to OS X 10.11.1.

My question(s) are why is this happening, and what can be done to stop it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 7:38 PM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, thank you for the reply but please reread my post. As I state, the clock is correct. Otherwise all the entries would be wrong, but they're not. This affects only certain site records and it seems only randomly. Furthermore, I'd find it very peculiar an incorrect clock update setting would return a date nearly a decade earlier than the OS was designed.

Apr 4, 2016 7:05 PM in response to MH Holden

I have the same problem. In addition, my safari is often hanging when I try to go to a site in my address bar or if I click a link. My wifi is working great, and this is not happening in other browsers. I believe this started for me with the 10.11.3 update. However, I am able to delete the wrongly dated items by expanding the bad date (Sunday, January 1, 2000) and deleting each entry manually.

Safari history dates wrong & not removable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.