Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have AirDrop-ed a .avi file from MacBook Air to iPhone 6. However, i was not prompted to open the file and could not locate it. May I know where is the file saved and how may I delete it?

I have AirDrop-ed a .avi file from MacBook Air to iPhone 6. However, i was not prompted to open the file and could not locate it. May I know where is the file saved and how may I delete it?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:10 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:00 AM in response to nefuhs

Hi nefuhs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! If both your Mac and your iPhone are signed in to your iCloud account, you won't be prompted to accept the file. Instead, it should go directly to the appropriate app, as outlined here:

Receive items

If the recipient is signed in to your iCloud account, the item you're sending is automatically accepted and saved. Otherwise, the recipient is asked to accept the item before it's saved to their device.

• On a Mac, the item is saved to the Downloads folder.
  • On an iOS device, the item appears in the appropriate app. For example, photos appear in the Photos app and websites appear in Safari.

Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.