Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use a wired keyboard to enter passlock code on ipad mini?

My ipad mini had its glass shattered, but still worked for a little while. But then the screen would not allow smooth, accurate entry of commands. A repair site says there are contacts damaged or missing for the screen and a new screen will not pass commands.

I need to back up the device for obvious reasons. However, when plugged into my notebook and accessed with iTunes it will not allow me to back up (to notebook or cloud), or to save files from programs to my notebook, because it has a passlock. I know my 4 digit code but with the screen messed up, I cannot enter the numbers. Cannot even see the screen.

So here is my question: If I were to plug in an external - cabled - keyboard, would I be able to punch in the 4 numbers using that? Will it accept entry from a keyboard rather than onscreen using the visual keypad on the passlock screen?

Thanks for any info or directions.

iPad Mini

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:07 AM

There's no support for a wired keyboard. Theoretically a bluetooth keyboard could work. I use mine to enter my passcode all the time. However unless you already have one paired, getting one paired could be an issue with your broken screen. Getting it paired might work if part of your screen is working and the part that is working is where you'd do the pairing which usually consists of turning on the bluetooth if it's not already on, and choosing the keyboard then reading and entering a code on the keyboard to pair.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Steev-O

There's no support for a wired keyboard. Theoretically a bluetooth keyboard could work. I use mine to enter my passcode all the time. However unless you already have one paired, getting one paired could be an issue with your broken screen. Getting it paired might work if part of your screen is working and the part that is working is where you'd do the pairing which usually consists of turning on the bluetooth if it's not already on, and choosing the keyboard then reading and entering a code on the keyboard to pair.

Can I use a wired keyboard to enter passlock code on ipad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.