Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 Subaru Outback USB port can't charge battery

when I using iOS 8.1.3 I can charge the battery through USB port. after update to ios9, i cant charge the phone anymore !!! very annoying!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:21 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:53 AM in response to keng chee

Can you charge your iPhone everywhere else using the same cord?

Can anyone else charge their phones, iPods, or tablet using that same car port?

It might not be related to the iOS update. Could just be a coincidence that something happened with the charging cord - a stretched out cord, a cheap cord (they all die after a while, even the original cord and more expensive replacements), and/or it could be the charge port fried, or something else in the car, such as a loose wire connection from battery to the port, or a computer thingy. Your car might need it's computer flashed (an update).

I've bought cheap cords that claimed to work for my iPhones but didn't. I've also owned cords and chargers that gave up the ghost quickly. The current car chargers (I now drive a '05 Passat or a '05 Jetta) are a plug-in ones that are about 5 years old. They claim to charge 4 devices at once, but we've discovered they can only charge 2 at once, at the most, more often though, only one thing can charge at a time, depending on what's being plugged in.

Check online Subaru forums for others having this problem. I joined http://www.subaruoutback.org/ when I bought my Subbie OBW back in 1997 (I sold it in 2011). It's a great place to learn about OBs and ask about related things, etc.. A great community to be a part of. Was very, very helpful for me when my car started breaking down, when I needed to find a repair shop in Idaho and again in WA state. Also learned about tires for the car.

2015 Subaru Outback USB port can't charge battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.