Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For all the os wizards out there... I have a MacBook Pro 2.2, currently running 10.6.8. What is the latest version of OS I can upgrade to? I need to be able to use the latest Adobe Creative Suite programs on it... Thanking you in advance! :)

For all the os wizards out there... I have a MacBook Pro 2.2, currently running 10.6.8. What is the latest version of OS I can upgrade to? I need to be able to use the latest Adobe Creative Suite programs on it... Thanking you in advance! 🙂

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 1:33 AM

3 replies

Nov 30, 2015 4:17 AM in response to YBlue

YBlue wrote:

If you purchase the OS for a desktop mac do you get to automicaly use it on, say, your laptop? Or do you need to purchase another one for the laptop?

Lion OSX and newer will have drivers for all Macs so it can be installed on a desktop or notebook. Gray installation disks are model specific so they are NOT interchangeable among different Mac models.

Ciao.

For all the os wizards out there... I have a MacBook Pro 2.2, currently running 10.6.8. What is the latest version of OS I can upgrade to? I need to be able to use the latest Adobe Creative Suite programs on it... Thanking you in advance! :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.