Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connection loss on all non-apple devices

I'm using Airport Time Capsule, and everything was working fine until last 24 hours.

All Non-Apple device got disconnected, including my printers.

Was there any auto-update that may have triggered this?

Scanned result from my printer doesn't even show the SSID of my Access Point.

Strangely, No problem on my iMac & MacBook, and they are getting connected without any problem

My first guess is if 2Ghz is even working. I'm guessing iMac & MacBook is defaulting into 5Ghz, where other devices are using 2Ghz.

Is there way to quickly check if your 2Ghz as well as 5Ghz is working? (How can you check your current channel & Band that is selected on your iMac (client) ?)

Thanks,

--Philip

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 12:21 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 1:31 AM in response to Bicoastalman

I'm guessing iMac & MacBook is defaulting into 5Ghz, where other devices are using 2Ghz.

Is there way to quickly check if your 2Ghz as well as 5Ghz is working? (How can you check your current channel & Band that is selected on your iMac (client) ?)

Run wireless diagnostics.

Use Wireless Diagnostics to help you resolve Wi-Fi issues on your Mac - Apple Support

Is your SSID short, no spaces and pure alphanumerics.. is your wireless password the same but perhaps a bit longer.. just mixed case and numbers.

No luck tell us what model is the TC.. what model is the main modem??

How is the TC setup.. ?

Post some screenshots from the airport utility on the Mac .. we can mostly figure it out from there.

No update should be applied that could destroy the network as completely as yours has.. although some windows 10 come close.

connection loss on all non-apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.