Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to stop IMessages (from iPhone) from showing on my Mac book pro?

how can I prevent my phone texts from showing on my iMessage app on my Mac book pro?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 1:40 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 9:29 AM in response to LAG51

Hello LAG51,

It sounds like your phone number, linked to your Apple ID, is allowing you to get your iPhone messages on your MacBook Pro. If you don't want this you can change this in the Messages preferences.

Accounts preferences for iMessage - Messages Help

Accounts preferences for iMessage

You can be reached for messages at

To receive messages sent to email addresses and phone numbers, select them in this list.

So to not receive messages for your phone number, unselect the number in the list of "You can be reached for messages at:".

Another thing to try is to unlink your phone number associated with your Apple ID.

Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime - Apple Support

Unlink your phone number associated with your Apple ID

To unlink your phone number, remove your Apple ID from iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone. Follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with iMessage and FaceTime. If the phone number is still available on your other devices after you sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone, you might need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of your devices

Best regards

Is there a way to stop IMessages (from iPhone) from showing on my Mac book pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.