Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care extended warrenty not standard internationally?

I have purchased 2 phones in South Africa -- our US phones were stolen!!

They offered an extended warranty (like Apple Care) called I-Care -

The terms are identical to Apple Care -- but they only offer 1 accidental coverage not 2.

Question - is the extended warranty not standard internationally???

iPhone 6s, Windows 10, applecare

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 2:49 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 4:51 AM in response to carl wolf

I understand that the warranty is only good in the country purchased -- my question is why the terms of the extended warranty is not standard -- My phone purchased in the USA coverage for 2 accidental issues -- in South Africa its only 1 -- You would think Apple would have standard terms for their extended warranty globally.

Nov 30, 2015 5:05 AM in response to PCBM

Apple has no stores in South Africa so all sales are through authorized resellers only. Whatever extended warranty they offer will be independent of Apple's own extended warranty in other countries. Regardless of how that extended warranty was presented to you, it is not AppleCare+ nor an actual Apple extended warranty at all. It is some 3rd party extended warranty (is that the one from the iStore ?).

Nov 30, 2015 6:59 AM in response to PCBM

Perhaps, but remember that authorized resellers are wholly independent companies themselves. Apple cannot stop one from offering their own independent warranties or insurance as they choose to. In the USA, BestBuy will usually try to get you to buy their own protection plan over AppleCare+. And for years, even Apple was barred from selling AppleCare in Florida because of Florida law prohibiting it. Warranties and terms of coverage are set by the company offering the coverage, and subject to local/national laws as well, so it's nearly impossible to ensure the same coverage offering from everyone everywhere.

Apple Care extended warrenty not standard internationally?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.