Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I get by the 90 day wait after I download an app from another account that logged in my phone, it says I have to wait 90 days before I can download another app.

my friend logged in on my phone with her account so I can download an app that I couldn't pay for. now it says that I have to wait 90 days to download another app on my account. how can I get by this?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 3:29 PM

Clickhereand ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

(136727)

8 replies

Nov 30, 2015 3:55 PM in response to dvgshortcake

dvgshortcake wrote:

no, I'm not talking about that, after she logged out and I logged back in, I went to download a new app but it said I had to wait 90 days before I use my Apple ID again.

And Apple will probably tell you that is exactly what you will have to do. Part of the point of the timeout is to stop the kind of thing you just did. Your friend had no legal right to download her app to your device. One pays for a license to use an app on the devices one owns or controls. That means you do not have the legal right to download that app you've paid for onto other peoples devices. The timeout is in part a penalty for violating the terms of use for licensed apps.

So don't expect that Apple will over-ride the timeout for you.

Nov 30, 2015 5:11 PM in response to Michael Black

you didnt have to be rude about it. this matter does not have to do with legal rights at all, In fact, it was iMovie because my apple ID was having an issue with verifying the purchase. so it wasnt a paid app therefor there will not be anything that has to do with legal. there was no violating because I red the terms of use and there was nothing about this.i will expect Apple to over ride it.

but thanks for trying :/

how can I get by the 90 day wait after I download an app from another account that logged in my phone, it says I have to wait 90 days before I can download another app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.