Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Account in Mail

When I open Mail, the 'choose account to add' pop appears.

I select Gmail, and add my account details, but it says 'the google account already exists'.

I have no way of entering Mail without this 'choose account to add' window. If I cancel the window, Mail closes.

I have tried adding the same account via the option 'add other mail account', and also tried via the iCloud option.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want to open Mail.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 5:16 AM

1 reply

Dec 1, 2015 11:29 AM in response to kendal mintcake

Hello there, kendal.

It sounds like you are unable to use the Mail app on your MacBook Pro because of the message that your google account already exists but you are prompted to choose an account. The first step I would recommend is to try restarting your computer. Once this is done see if this mail account is listen in System Preferences > Internet Accounts. If the account is listed, try removing the account and then adding it back again via the steps in the article below:

Mail (El Capitan): Set up Mail with your email accounts

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Duplicate Account in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.