Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem, set up single apple id on all computers. newb mistake

Hey all,

I made a newb mistake. Setting up all the computers on my small network (of mobile accounts syncing back to the server app) to have the same apple id. I did this because I didn't want to give out the password to the users.

Apple recommends allowing users to have and use their own apple id's and I can now see why 😝 ..I used mine to set up the computers and have them with the freshest update and ready for the end user.

Problem is, This is not the best solution moving forward as I will need to manually update everyones computers since I wont give them the admin password.

Now to the question:

I will take all laptops in at the end of the year (for us its june) and re image them (this time not using my apple id). When I recreate the mobile accounts on the computers to sync with the server and pull down users data will it allow for them to use a different apple id this time?

Also, given this info...does anyone have any best practices they can share with me moving forward? Perhaps I am just out in left field haha.

Thanks all.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:04 AM

There are no replies.

problem, set up single apple id on all computers. newb mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.