Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my podcast be listed in multiple categories?

I was wondering if I can list my podcast in multiple categories to gain a broader audience. Is this possible? Also, how do I make it possible as my settings are running out of my podcast hosting site. Appreciate your help.

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 6:56 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 8:09 AM in response to HeissBoom

You can have additional categories, with their associated sub-categories where applicable. The iTunes Store will show only the first category.

Even if you do add additional categories searching just on the categories in the iTunes Store is most unlikely to throw up your podcast. There are thousands of podcasts out there, and it would be quite impossible to display on one page the entire list for any category. What you see are 'featured' podcasts, chosen by Apple as being special; please see this Tech Note:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html
and scroll down to 'Featuring in the Podcasts app for iOS and in the iTunes Store'

Note that there is no way you can influence the selection other than making your podcast really special.

When you add categories you need to stick to those listed at the bottom of the page linked to above. Where a category has sub-categories (which most of them do) you should pick one, otherwise the Store will default to the first sub-category.

As to how you add categories, you will have to find how to do that in whatever method you are using to create your feed. I assume you're not hand-writing the code, but if you are the page linked to above gives samples.

Can my podcast be listed in multiple categories?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.