Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb not working

Hi,

I have macbook pro 13, Ram 16GB, Hardrive SSD 126gb, Retina with El Capitan and my Do Not Disturb feature is not working. When I activate Do Not Disturb I still get notifications from all applications.

Hope you can help me to solve this issue.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Adrian

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:24 AM

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 1:02 PM in response to Aichels

Hello there, Aichels.

It sounds like you are wanting to disable notifications on your MacBook Pro, running El Capitan and you are still seeing notifications. The following Knowledge Base article outlines the features and settings for Do Not Disturb:

OS X El Capitan: Receive or stop notifications

Stop or pause notifications

You can set options in Notifications preferences to turn off notifications for specific apps or to pause all notifications. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Notifications.

Turn off notifications for an app: In Notifications preferences, select the app on the left, then choose None for the app alert style on the right. You no longer receive any notifications for the app.

Stop notifications during specific hours: In Notifications preferences, select Do Not Disturb on the left, then set options.

Pause notifications until midnight: Hold down the Option key while you click the Notification Center icon User uploaded file in the menu bar.

When Do Not Disturb is on, the Notification Center icon in the menu bar is dimmed. You don’t see or hear notifications arrive; they are collected in Notification Center where you can view them later.

Use Notification Center

Set sleep and wake times for your Mac

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Do not disturb not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.