Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring three songs from the hard drive I deleted in error

I was trying to transfer a few songs to a flash drive and I succeded but I deleted them from the hard drive. They are not in "gray" instead of black. I was told they are no longer on the hard drive. They do play when I click them though. I am so impared, any help would be appreciated. thank you

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:35 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Mumfordlmh

Hi Mumfordlmh,

If I understand your issue, you transferred songs to a flash drive and deleted them from your computer by mistake. Did you empty the trash on your computer? If not, you would be able to open the trash and restore the items back to their original location.

Another option is to select the songs from your flash drive and drag them to the iTunes icon on your computer to add them back to your iTunes Library. The resource below explains how to add files to your iTunes Library:

Import music and video from a computer into iTunes
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20507?locale=en_US

• Drag a file or folder to the iTunes window.
    If you add a folder, all the files it contains are added to your library.
  • In iTunes, choose File > Add to Library, locate a file or folder, and click Open.
    If your iTunes library is empty, click the Music icon in the top-left corner, click My Music, then click Scan for Media.

Windows: By default, adding items to your iTunes library places a pointer to each file in the iTunes folder; the original file remains in its current location. For information about copying files to the iTunes folder instead of creating pointers to them, see Change where your iTunes files are stored. If the file is an unprotected WMA file and you have Windows Media Player Series 9 or later installed, iTunes makes a copy of the file and adds it to your iTunes library. The original WMA file remains unchanged. You can’t add protected WMA files or protected WMV files to iTunes.

You can import the following file types into iTunes:
▪ AAC
▪ MP3
▪ AIFF
▪ Apple Lossless
▪ WAV
▪ audible.com (.aa)
▪ MPEG-4

Happy Holidays!

restoring three songs from the hard drive I deleted in error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.