Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Drives Won't Mount

Running Yosmite 10.10.5 on iMac and have a Lacie external drive that mounts fine, but a companion Lacie external drive attached to it does not not show up. The second Lacie is daisy-chained to the first in one USB3 port. I also have a Seagate external drive connected to the iMac in a USB2 port and it does not mount either. I have tried everything I know to do, but cannot get these drives to be recognized. Can anyone help?

Flegal

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:20 AM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Flegal

Did you do the resets multiple times as instructed? If so and it still does not work then disconnect all the peripherals and connect each one by itself and test. If it will not work, try with different cables and retest. You will likely need to retest each device individually changing out the cables and doing SMC and PRAM resets with each device. My guess is you have either a EHD that has failing or failed OR you have a bad cable somewhere.

External Drives Won't Mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.