Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I only access Alchemy though certain specific patches in LogicX 10.2?

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I've seen videos on YouTube where people create a new project in Logic X 10.2, insert a new track, and immediately go into the inspector and load Alchemy as a plug in. This is not happening for me. In order for me to get into Alchemy, I have to load a patch that already has the Alchemy plug in (or has any of the other certain plugins, like ES2). Here's a couple screen shots to clarify:

Here you can see that I've loaded Dark Chords as my patch. I've opened the plug-ins drop down from the Audio Effect Slot, and it's showing me lots of cool plug-ins.

User uploaded file

Now in the screen below, I've just a plain old Audio track, and I've pulled the same drop down menu in the Audio Effects Slot, but now, no Alchemy 😟

This happens regardless of the type of track I select (like digital instrument versus audio track, the same thing happens.)

User uploaded file

One final note, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I've noticed that when I go into the Plug-In Manager under Preferences, my Alchemy plug-in is not shown to be successfully validated, and the checkbox is "greyed" out. This is in contrast to when I look at other plug-ins in the Plug-In Manager (see the difference in the two screen shots below).

Please help. What is wrong with me???!!!!

Normal:

User uploaded file

Not Normal!:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:39 AM

There are no replies.

Why can I only access Alchemy though certain specific patches in LogicX 10.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.