Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone dictionary and Autocorrect

Hello,

I have an iPhone and the text messaging is really annoying on it. I have Swype installed for the keyboard and have recently figured out how to turn off the autocorrect on it. I had it turned off on the phone itself long time ago, but didn't realize that there were further settings within the Swype keyboard to turn autocorrect off in another location, so there are 2 locations to turn off the autocorrect when using Swype. It was always changing my word from two words ago, like if I entered "to be continued" when I entered continued it might change the word from "to" and make it "do", so it would say "do be continued". Which I wasn't looking at my message that far back and the autocorrect thing would constantly try to say stuff that I didn't want to say. So hopefully that fixed that issue, by turning it off. Haven't sent many messages yet since changing it, so not fully tested.

My issue that I still have is when I type in "was" it enters "wss". This is really annoying, especially since that isn't even a word. I don't know if I accidently added it to the dictionary or what. Is there a way to remove this word from the dictionary without resetting the phone? I was reading that someone had a similar issue and they reset the phone, but it still would type in the incorrect word, so resetting it didn't work for him. I just don't want to reset it at all, not even the dictionary. If they allow for you to add words, you should be able to remove them as well. I don't see any options to remove a word though.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:26 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone dictionary and Autocorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.