Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an iTunes gift card from Brazil in the US with an US iTunes ID to buy songs from the ITunes store in Brazil?

I have an iTunes account from the US but want to buy some music from the Brazilian ITunes store that is currently not available in the US. Can I use an ITunes gift card from Brazil to purchase with my US iTunes account in the US? - Thanks! - R.

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:26 AM

No you cannot. You would have to be physically located in Brazil to use the Brazil store. Those are Apple requirements. You would not be able to use a US account in the Brazil store, and you could not add a Brazil gift card to a US account.

3 replies

Nov 30, 2015 9:38 AM in response to renata76

IF you are in Brazil, you could use the Brazil store and a Brazil gift card, but not with your US account. Everything has to match. Gift cards are only valid in the country they are intended for. So, to get Brazil content, you have to have a Brazil ID, a Brazil account, and be located in Brazil. You could not use a US account to do what you are asking, and could not use the US account in Brazil. It all has to do with copyright issues.

Can I use an iTunes gift card from Brazil in the US with an US iTunes ID to buy songs from the ITunes store in Brazil?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.