Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the settings for File Shares?

I have an OS X 10.10 Server serving out about 20-25 shares that rest on a RAID device.

What I'd like is to have a second server on standby in case the first server fails but the RAID device doesn't. In an emergency, the second server could be hooked up to the RAID and business could continue as usual with minimum fuss.

I have already set up a second server with its own copy of Server.app and set to be a Replica of the first (so the users & groups are duplicated to the second server as and when they change on the first server).

But I can't figure out how to do a similar thing with the file shares. I can't even figure out how to export those settings to a file so I could import them into the second server in an emergency.

Ideally when the RAID is hooked up to the second server, that server knows what the specific shares are and things "just work".

Does anybody know or have a clue how this might be set up?

Thanks!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), running Server.app

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 8:59 AM

There are no replies.

Where are the settings for File Shares?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.