Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't load my library

Hi everyone,

I recently moved my iTunes library from my old Mac to my new PC via an external hard drive. I moved my music from the external into my music folder on my PC but the iTunes library has not updated with my new music. If I manually add the file to my library in iTunes via File>add file to library then the song shows up in iTunes. I don't want go through this process for every single song I have, so I was wondering if anyone had some insight on how to solve the problem.

Thank you in advance

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:27 AM

See Make a split library portable. Did you copy the entire library including the database? If so shift-start-iTunes to connect to the right .itl file and all of your content should be there including ratings, playcounts, etc. Alternatively enable the menu bar with Alt or Ctrl+B and use File > Add Folder to Library.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2015 10:27 AM in response to bhussain

See Make a split library portable. Did you copy the entire library including the database? If so shift-start-iTunes to connect to the right .itl file and all of your content should be there including ratings, playcounts, etc. Alternatively enable the menu bar with Alt or Ctrl+B and use File > Add Folder to Library.

tt2

iTunes doesn't load my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.