Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 5s, backed up but wrong user?

I've just restored a 5s from a 4s backup. Logged in as same apple ID as on 4s but in the time since I started using that account, my husband created family sharing. I was not using my "own" account on the 4s, but my husband's. Have now set up new 5s, but it thinks I'm my husband. I've logged out of that apple id, and entered my own, so all seems OK until it comes to the Health app, and I assume other apps that I haven't found out yet - that relate to your apple ID.

I can't send imessages anymore either - which makes me think it's all gone nuts.

I'm in NZ so no apple phone support. 😟

Help please!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 10:20 PM in response to zinacef

I'm trying one more thought process before giving into wiping the phone....

I still have the old 4s, but it has lines all over it so I can't read the screen. I still actually works though, I just can't see what's there. If I plug it into iTunes, is there any way I can change the user on the old phone, to me?

I'm hesitant to start again as I've had the 4s for 4 years - so 4 years of messages that I can't really afford to lose. Having said that, I can't really afford to moonlight as my husband either!

Dec 1, 2015 5:47 AM in response to aruepert

aruepert wrote:

I'm trying one more thought process before giving into wiping the phone....

I still have the old 4s, but it has lines all over it so I can't read the screen. I still actually works though, I just can't see what's there. If I plug it into iTunes, is there any way I can change the user on the old phone, to me?

I'm hesitant to start again as I've had the 4s for 4 years - so 4 years of messages that I can't really afford to lose. Having said that, I can't really afford to moonlight as my husband either!

No, because that iPhone 4 is still tied to your husband's account/iTunes. If the messages you're referring to are email messages, then you could consider downloading them to a folder on your computer so you won't lose them.

New 5s, backed up but wrong user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.