Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up 2 completely separate itunes account

I have an itunes account and when I opened one for my husband using a different email address and password all the music he added to his account went into my account. How can I separate them? We can use both windows and Mac

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Nov 30, 2015 10:54 AM in response to kre245

Let's get some terminology straight. An iTunes account is really an iTunes Store account which is something you log into online to get access to the iTunes Store and an Apple ID specific set of content. What you see on a computer is an iTunes library (or you can have several of them) which can have content from one or many Store accounts in it. A computer can have separate user accounts which individuals log into when starting a computer and has their specific files and settings. A user account may have no iTunes libraries, or multiple libraries, and each library can have content from one or many AppleIDs and iTunes Store accounts though typically it is one library with the Store content from that user and their Apple ID per user ID.

So what was it you created?

Setting up 2 completely separate itunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.