Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do downloaded videos stay...

Hello all. iPhone 6 on the latest IO 9.1. I am pretty sure that this is a simple and easy question.

Wandering on an educational site that offers free video downloads to allow for viewing when not connected to WiFi or Data. Where would this video reside to access for later or do I need to keep a tab open for the video within Safari? If it stays in Safari, is there a way to place this video onto the Video app to store it and access it to my logic? 😝

Logically, I would think that this downloaded video would be accessed automatically on the Videos app on the phone or have a "SaveAs" to such an app. Thank you in advance for the answers!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:16 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 11:36 AM in response to otter-wa

Thank you for the fast replies....

CoolKyogre : I just tried this and I still require cellular data or WiFi to watch the video.

I believe my solution would be to download on my laptop computer the video that I am desiring and upload it onto my device via iTunes. I was hoping that I could download directly on my device without the need of a computer and iTunes.

Meg, as I was typing out a reply, you answered exactly what I was planning. Thank you!

Where do downloaded videos stay...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.