Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone alarm - ensure higher volume

coming from Android i was surprised that iPhone alarm isn't smart enough to know that low volume will render the alarm useless.

is there a way to ensure that the alarm will sound even if the phone has turned down volume and/or is on mute switch?

on android this was done via separate volume control in the alarm and "sound alarm even if phone is muted" setting.

if there is nothing equivalent perhaps there is some app that can do this? otherwise they'll always be times where users forget to set appropriate volume before going to sleep.

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 10:55 AM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2015 11:08 AM in response to sonicraf

The alarm will sound even if the Mute switch is on. The ringer volume controls the Alarm volume. As it can never go to zero the alarm will always sound, at the ringer volume. For me this is a desirable feature, as I want to be able to control the alarm volume to avoid waking others. I agree that having a separate alarm volume might be desirable, but its likely that most users will never notice it and wonder why their alarm volume is low when they set the ringer volume high. To submit a suggestion to Apple use http://apple.com/feedback. This is a user-to-user forum, not generally read by Apple, so it isn't a good place to make suggestions.

iphone alarm - ensure higher volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.