Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Falsely reporting unread messages on Exchange account?

Ever since many of our users have updates to iOS9 and above on our business iPhones we have had many reports on the iPhone reporting many unread emails but when looking in Outlook there is not a single email that is unread.

All of these devices only have the Exchange account synced to them. A temp fix is to go in and turn off syncing of all items on the phone, reboot, then go back in and turn them all back in. This causes everything to properly reconcile for a while but inevitably it happens again. I tried also fully deleting and reading an account but in the end same issue.

This only started with iOS9 but my superior suffers from this and is demanding a fix, which I don't think I have the ability to provide. Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 11:37 AM

There are no replies.

Falsely reporting unread messages on Exchange account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.