Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows 10 prompts for EULA on existing library

I am running Windows 10 with the latest version of iTunes. I have an existing library on a 2nd internal hard drive. I have been able to open the library before, but lately it prompts the EULA and then creates a new library on the c:\ drive. Once the library is open, I can close iTunes, press SHIFT and open iTunes, select Choose Library and then select my existing library. It's getting very frustrating to have to do this. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it from happening?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 1:21 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 9:37 AM in response to cpatterson1177

In some cases third party software can interfere with the way iTunes updates its files meaning that either iTunes forgets the previously chosen location, or that the active database is deleted. At various times AVG anti-virus and Sony VIAO Entertainment Platform have been know to interfere with the database. McAfee has been implicated in the corruption of iTunesPrefs.plist that remembers where the library is stored if it is at a different path, and that you're not running iTunes for the very first time. Try excluding your library folder and any Apple folders within \Users\<User>\AppData\ from any real-time AV scanning process.

tt2

iTunes on Windows 10 prompts for EULA on existing library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.